Sunday 9 February 2014

Why not try this blogging thing?

So 8.5 months ago when my son was born I went from being a busy lawyer to someone who spend a significant amount of time on the couch, breastfeeding and playing on my cell phone.  I have mastered solitaire, am a pro at Candy Crush, and have read every facebook post that has been posted on my wall within 10 minutes of it getting posted. I have even considered trying to make new FB friends in different time zones so that at 2am when I am up feeding I will have something to read.

Well lately that has not been enough to keep me entertained so I have now ventured off into the world of facebook pages.  It started with a ad for Hot Mess Mom. Facebook, in its infinite wisdom, recommended that I would like it. So I 'liked' it and checked it out.  Man is the HMM one funny lady!  She linked me to Just The Tip and now I follow about 10 mom pages.  They each are unique but what the all have in common is this: they drink, they swear and they don't pretend to be perfect. In fact, they don't give parenting advice at all. They are just regular everyday moms, making it through the day, and venting on FB.  Which got me thinking....I can do that!  And hence Making It Through Motherhood (MITM) was born.  As of today I have 1 follower (me) and I have no interest in paying to promote this so it could turn into a private diary, and that is ok too. 

So if you happen to stumble upon this blog, leave me a comment, tell me about yourself, or just recommend a nice wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment